Sunday, October 16, 2011

What I'm reading

What I'm Reading...
Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich
I just finished reading the seventeenth installment of Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, and I did like it. However, I was mildly disappointed by the ending. There is a huge lead up, two bad guys and a new guy who everyone thinks she should marry. But...the ending! The ending is about two pages long and is resolved in one sentence!
I've been reading the Stephanie Plum series since the tenth book came out, and I've always really loved them. I can relate to Stephanie because she's not perfect or beautiful or arrogant, but because she's an ordinary woman doing an un-ordinary job. Bounty Hunting!
I still recall reading the first book and not knowing what the hell a Bounty Hunter was, I thought it had something to do with the chocolate:
But was pleasantly surprised when it was nothing like that.
Janet Evanovich writes with quick action and witty dialogue and leaves you grinning like an idiot after each chapter. I loved Smokin' Seventeen, but, as I mentioned earlier, the ending left me feeling unsatisfied.
Great novel overall, and I look forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment